A while ago I started taking the engine apart, and sort all the parts. At first, the cylinders were looking pretty sorry for themselves, but when I cleaned them up, I saw they are in great condition. The pattern from the factory honing is still visible! Not bad for an almost 40 year old engine! Another surprise came visible after I’d cleaned off all the carbon deposits from the pistons. all the pistons have marks from the exhaust valves. Strange… Anyway, managed to sort and tag all the parts, to keep everything tidy while I rebuild the engine. Still need to remove the valves, valvesprings, crank, rods and pistons.
Head over to dirtys30.blogspot.com for more L-series info and pictures!